What Sort of Clutch Problem

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What Sort of Clutch Problem
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:22:45 -0400
     When cold and at a standstill, putting my '57 Plus 4 (#3714) into gear
     is easy, noiseless, no grinding. Increasingly, after a good warm up,
     it is hard (again, at a standstill) to get the car into reverse or
     first without grinding the gears. Once moving, is not a problem with
     the remaining three gears. There's no free play to speak of in the
     clutch mechanism, and the clutch otherwise seems fine, no juddering or
     slipping. I wonder if any of you have any thoughts? I am keeping my
     fingers crossed about doing a midsummer clutch rebuild....

     Regards to all-

     Chip Brown