Tight bolts

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tight bolts
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:23:42 -0400
Hi gang... perhaps some one of you has a solution to a perplexing problem.

My 1991 +8 Fuel Injection housing which sits atop the engine won't come off.

What started out as a simple project of replacing the rocker cover gaskets
on this Rover V8 turned into a more complicated project.  It was determined
that the FI housing needed to come off so that the rocker cover could have
room to be removed.  The housing appears to be attached with six long bolts
(each with a recessed hex head).  These bolts are frozen in place and
turning them further may break them.  We even tried to rap hard on the allen
socket wrench assembly while turning to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, as always, for your support and help.

Gary Kneisley
1991 +8 EFI gasoline
(An enthusiast, but not a mechanic)