SV: RE: The differences between....

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SV: RE: The differences between....
From: "Bjørn Schage" <schage@online.no>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:06:51 +0100
Hi Colin.

You wrote:

 It is interesting to note that the SV engine in your car was actually of
larger
>displacement than the later  TR2 and TR3 engines.

I believe the smaller displacement in the TR2 & TR3 came about because one
wanted to race in the under 2 litre class. My -62 +4 4-str. ch.no. 5186 has
actually got the TR3 instead of the TR4 it was supposed to have at that
time. They had probably run out of TR4's and used what they had laying
around at the works. ( I don't think anyone ordered a 4-seater for racing)

The revival of +4 in -85 came about as the result of putting a 2 liter Fiat
engine in the 4/4 1600. The change was so gradual that the first cars were
still assigned 4/4. I also think that this was the first model which the
factory staged a presentation for. I am not sure of the detailes, but I
think the model was announced at a race at Silverstone. ( correct me if I'm
wrong ( as if you wouldn't.. ;-)  )).

Happy Morganeering

Bjørn