RE: folding windshield

To: "ebrown@ms.com" <ebrown@ms.com>, "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <VandergT@aecl.ca>
Subject: RE: folding windshield
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 98 21:30:54 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Chip and Chuck &Will:

I've steam bent ash for my Morgan rear wheel arches.  I'd be interested in
how he is going to bend it and compensate for 'spring back ' with just one
piece.  I steam and bend the 1/4 inch planks to the shape of the arch and
had it  spring back by 50%    When the planks are laminated together  there
is no spring back.
Does this bow  turn 90 degrees at each end ?

Will;  Rutters folding windshield kit is the only  one know of that is
available. Nice SS  kit with the only problem being that  when folded,  the
windscreen sits very high off the bonnet,.much more so than the    early
Morgan folding screens .
  I  have the Areo screens also, They work well in keeping the wind out of
your face but the coverage is minimal and you have to sit just right .  They
will mount inside the screen on the cowl and can be left in place with the
windscreen up .

Its always nice when others are saying " Gee its a pretty day I think I'll
put the top down and go for a spin " , you can say " yeah it really is
pretty day, I think I'll put windscreen down and go for a spin "

I will say  when driving over really scenic roads there is nothing better
than having the screen down .

Bob Nogueira