A Spitfire

Subject: A Spitfire
From: arlo j levisen <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 18:34:44 +0300
A guy on the Datsun Mailing List and who lives in New Mexico recently
asked me if I had any idea as to the potential value of the
below-described vehicle, which he wishes to sell.  I personally have no
idea, so I will put the question out.  I have noticed there are quite a
few Spitfire owners on the Morgan Mailing List (which includes myself in
that we own a 1977 1500) and maybe someone has some ideas.  You can
reply either back to me personally or on the List.  Thanks.

The car is a 1965 RHD Triumph Spitfire with some sort of alloy wheels
and it has both a soft and a hard top.  The car has many parts with it,
most of them new in the box.  It does not presently run, but the owner
feels it wouldn't take all that much to get it started.

This car was originally imported from Britain to China and then to the
US by an American citizen.

I might as well mention this one too.  A local farmer here once bought a
1972 MGB because he agreed with a salesman that "every South Dakota
dairy farmer needs an MG".  He has now come to that point in his life
where he is no longer a dairy farmer and he never could figure out what
he needed that MGB for.  So, he has been bugging me about buying it and
I really need another British car really bad, you know.

The car runs, it needs new tires as I recall, needs a top and seat
covers.  It probably needs some other stuff - like they all do.  I have
driven the car a number of times and it is definitely an MGB.  It is
red, of course.  He'll take offers so, if you are interested, let me
know.

Arlo Levisen, Revillo, South Dakota