Re: Wet Protection Measures

To: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@prodigy.net>, "Blair John" <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: Re: Wet Protection Measures
From: "Vern Dale-Johnson" <vern_dj@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:16:15 -0500
There is another solution to side screens popping out.  Yes, a tommy bar is
important but the big trucks still suck the windscreens out.  If you've used
the proper Morgan wind wings (from Cantab, Old World, or Rutter), these go
outside the screens and help keep the fronts in.  Don't forget to properly
fit your front screens -- they should be deflected inward slightly about 4
inches from the leading edge to fit snugly inside the no drafts.

On my 4 seater I've used some DOT "T" type fasteners with the male section
attached to the top leading edge of the rear screen and the female plate
just inside the flap on the hood.  This holds to entire hood in place when
travelling with all screens on and is even better when travelling with just
the rear screens in place ( great sun protection if you have a zip out rear
window panel).  You could use the same type fastener on the top leading edge
of the front screen but, as noted with string, you have to remember to undo
same before you crank open the door!  I've not found this necessary with
proper fitting front screens and wind-wings.

Vern Dale-Johnson
MSCC Canada
+4 SN 6252