RE: Morgan Factory Visit

To: "'Morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Morgan Factory Visit
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:00:58 -0500
Jack,

I visited the "Morgan Works" two summers ago on my way to France.
Stopped off in London (Heathrow) and took the train via Worcester.
There is a direct train from Birmingham through Worcester to Great
Malvern.  I stayed at the "Red Gate Inn," a very pleasant B&B in Great
Malvern (got their address from their advertisement in "Miscellany").
It's a pleasant, 30-45 minute walk to the "Works."

I suggest you fax the people at the factory to make sure they are open
the day you want to visit.  I did that and got a nice brief fax back
from Charles Morgan, which is a nice keepsake (I'm a bit of a pack rat).
 Take your camera along; at least when I was there, there was no ban of
taking photographs, but you may want to ask, just out of courtesy.

I found the people in the factory quite pleasant to talk to, but I tried
not to spend much time talking; they are not tour guides but craftsmen
and craftswomen, building cars. BTW, there is no tour guide; you're on
your own!

Morgan sells parts so if you need something you can carry back with you,
it's a good place to check. There are also some souvenirs available.

I got an unexpected bonus.  I spotted Peter Morgan and asked if I could
have my picture taken with him.  He didn't hesitate and asked one of the
workmen (by first name, I believe) to take the picture.

The Malvern Hills are pretty and the area is known for hot springs.  I
didn't have time to visit either.

Have a good trip!

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME