F2 Trike Evaluation

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: F2 Trike Evaluation
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:52:51 -0500 (EST)
Greetings to the Morgan List!

I am new to these environs and come with  questions.  I hope to be viewing a
36 F2 three wheeler with an eye toward a purchase. I have viewed these
vehicles at shows and read a bit about them.  I have never driven or worked
on one.  My specific knowledge about these cars is scant at best.

I have fair mechanical skills and knowledge about obvious and general
automotive issues. Starts, runs, stops, leaks, creaks, rattles, smokes, parts
falling off, accident damage, fisheye paint, rust, etc which observations
would apply to inspecting any vehicle I am prepared to accomplish. I drive
and restore TR3's up to body off restoration.
The general experience of driving and maintaining an aged LBC is familiar and
enjoyable to me.

Having said all that, and given that it is a 1936 F2 three wheel Morgan with
a Ford engine, could anyone give me a priority list of specific, unique to
this model, areas to inspect for typical deterioration, wear and or damage
and the criterion to accomplish an evaluation ? Engine?  Suspension?
Drivetrain? Steering? I understand that the vehicle has cable operated brakes
only on the front which I have never experienced so I have no idea how to
evaluate function here. Are there parts which wear out rapidly?  Are there
unique maintenance issues, assuming the car will be driven regularly ?

I would also enjoy and find useful any driving impressions of a three wheeler
as compared to or contrasted with say a TR3 or another typical LBC. What are
the greatest differences in driving experience? Adjustments to be made in
driving?  My intent is to actually drive and enjoy the car as much as
possible, any reactions to that idea ?

Are there any repair manuals available for these cars?  Who are (or are
there) parts suppliers?  I understand there is an active club, could anyone
provide a contact point? I have two books Hill's Buyer's Guide and Famous Car
Factories by Holm, would anyone have suggestions of other interesting
literature either technical or historical?

Any and all responses to any of these questions will be most welcomed.
Thanking you all in advance,
Bob Paul