Re: Morgan Plus 4, 1951 model

To: "William Zehring" <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>, <Fred_H._Birkbeck@ieaust.org.au>
Subject: Re: Morgan Plus 4, 1951 model
From: neil montilla <montilla@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 97 09:49:54 -0500
I switched to synthetic gear oil in my 62 4/4 with GREAT results.  Not
only runs cooler (important in Miami), but was the cheapest gearbox
overhall I ever did.  Great improvement in noise (lack there of) and
smoothness.  I flushed the gearbox several times after draining out the
old fluid before refilling with synthetic.  Two years with no problems.
That's in an unfussy ford, don't know about the moss box but it should
give extra protection against heat breakdown if nothing else.  Good luck,
Neil