Re: Side Curtains

To: Simon J Orebi Gann <simonog@avnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Side Curtains
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 19:57:31 +0000
Simon J Orebi Gann <simonog@avnet.co.uk> writes

>I think you will find that the earlier cars were assembeld (including piping)
>and then painted, with the result that John Blair mentions.  Today's cars,
>however, (and that certainly predates my own 1989 +8) were painted in pieces
>and
>then assembled, giving an unpainted, and thus better quality, black piping.

Until 1986, Morgans were assembled then painted. In 1986, a number of
rust preventative measures were taken, including painting wings off and
the frames were dipped in Cuprisol, representing a quantum leap in
Morgan longevity.

Buy a new one now and you can choose the colour of the beading used,
attempting to match the colour of the body is usually suggested, but
contrasts are not uncommon.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str (Rosso red, piped in black)