Re: Windscreen ReDo!

To: sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Windscreen ReDo!
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 20:49:24 +0000
sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us> writes

>Any special stuff I should know before taking apart the windshield on
>my 4/4?  Like what is the best stuff to reseal the glass in the frame?

The glass is held in the metal frame by a rubber gasket, not sealant and
the metal frame is held together by screws in the corners.

Normally you can reuse the rubber, but be very careful to cut the glass
carefully to shape, de-burr the edges and put all of the screws back in
very carefully.

In the UK, a firm of UK windscreen fitters took three attempts to get a
new screen right for me- they kept cracking, the screws were resting on
the glass and putting a localised stress on it. In the end, I showed
them how.

--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str