emissions

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: emissions
From: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@datasync.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:13:33 -0500
I have a question: Will any of you out there give me an opinion as to
whether I should remove the smog equipment from my car to clean up the
appearance of the engine bay?

I have a 1971 Plus 8 with the early smog pollution lines snaking all over
the top of the engine. A few have been misplaced, lost, or otherwise
misconnected over the years. I can't find a good diagram to properly
replace them.

Since all of this equipment was added onto the engine, it should be easily
removed, and shouldn't affect the performance any, unless it made it
better. The car runs fine now, but the engine bay really looks cluttered.
Should I stay the purist and keep all the junk, or strip it out (saving it,
of course)? I'm not planning on selling it...

I appreciate any comments... Thanks, guys!!

Tony McLaughlin
R. 7379