KINGPIN REAMER

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: KINGPIN REAMER
From: Jens Vind Jensen <jensvind@po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 15:37:30 +0800

I have changed kingpin bushes several times, but have until now borrowed
a hand reamer from a friend of mine. I have now decided to buy a suitable
adjustable reamer for the job and got one from Melvyn Rutter including an
extension shaft (attached to the end without the square).

My new reamer is, when extended, long enough to reach all the way through the
sub axle assembley, however the end with the square head is only long enough
to ream one bush at a time - I will simply be forced to ream each bush from
each side.
Would anybody have experience in reaming the bushes from each side, or should
I simply get someone to extend the other end of my new reamer.

My friends reamer has been extended in both ends to allow cutting both bushes
from one side, without turning the stub axle, theoretically this must be the
ideal way of doing the job unless you have a lathe ofcourse!

The factory does not use a handreamer but fix the whole front sub axle into
their lathe and then machine the bushed to fit the kingpin.

Best regards,

Jens Vind
the more toy - the more trouble!!!