Re: Plus 4 Rebuild

To: David & Pat <pdburket@intrepid.net>
Subject: Re: Plus 4 Rebuild
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:00:00 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, David & Pat wrote:

> Hi Morgan folk,
>
> I have enjoyed reading the questions and comments regarding our mutual
> passion.  I have some questions that I hope some of you subscribers might
> know the answers to.
>
> 1. What is the correct torque to use when tightening the intake and exhaust
> manifold of the TR 3 engine?
> 2. Is there a sequence to tightening the manifold bolts?

        The Triumph manual calls for 12-14 lbs torque for those bolts.
        I have a header on my TR4 and usually tighten them run the engine
        for a bit and then go back and loosen the nuts and retightent
        i them while hot. There is no pattern that I know of that is
        recommended for tightening, but I work out from the center.

        Hope it helps...

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois