Negative camber

To: British-cars@autox.team.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Negative camber
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 23:26:53, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

My 64 Morgan has negative camber on the front wheels ( The tires  look
sorta  \   /   from the front)  I've noticed that many of the older
British cars also have negative camber.
 What was the purpose of setting up the front suspension with ---
camber ?  It would appear that newer Morgans while retaining the same
suspension   ( hey, if it was good in 1912 it should be good today )
have eliminated the neg camber. A British firm sells a Decambering kit
for the Morgan. Any ideas on what I could expect if I decamber my car?
( other than better tire wear ).

Thanks for any information

Bob Nogueira   " Leaning toward decambering"

1964 Plus 4
1962 Plus 4 DHC
1974 MGBGT