Re: 3-wheeler inquiry

To: oldhaven@mail.biddeford.com
Subject: Re: 3-wheeler inquiry
From: "Blair, John" <JBLAIR@hermes.massolant.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 10:11:03 -0500
Ron writes:
> have a Sunbeam Tiger and several Land Rovers).

One of the many auto's I'd like to have (the Tiger)

> a long time dream of mine has been to design and build a replica of a
> late 20's Aero, using a Moto Guzzi engine and rear wheel, and modern but
> simple front suspension.

There are several kits available.  Unfortunately, I
don't have any of the info. available at the present
time.  I'll check tonight.

However, unless you really a '20's Aero, a real trike
might be cheaper than a kit.  I've seen trikes from
$10,000 up.  Kits seem to be about $17,000 if memory
servers me.

> I hope this doesn't offend the purists who are
> out there, but this is really the only realistic way I will ever have one.

It sure doesn't bother me.  I envy and appreciate anyone
that has the gumption to think of undertaking a project
like that.  I think it's great and we need more
craftsman in this day in age.

John T. Blair
Va. Beach, Va

47 TR1800      48 #4 Midget      65 Morgan Series V
      75 Bricklin SV1        77 Spitfire

John

 John T. Blair  (WA4OHZ)  - jblair@massolant.navy.mil
 NAVMASSO Code 331        - Phone (804) 523-8133 (Comm)
 1441 Crossways Blvd.                   565-8133 (DSN)
 Chesapeake, VA. 23320-2843