3-wheeler inquiry

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 3-wheeler inquiry
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@mail.biddeford.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 09:10:40 -0500
I am a non-Morgan -owning subscriber to this list though I am a dedicated fan
of
most things British, (have a Sunbeam Tiger and several Land Rovers).  I
subscribed in the hope of finding out some information about Morgan
three-wheelers.  I have most of the available literature on them already,
but a long time dream of mine has been to design and build a replica of a
late 20's Aero, using a Moto Guzzi engine and rear wheel, and modern but
simple front suspension.  I hope this doesn't offend the purists who are
out there, but this is really the only realistic way I will ever have one.

I know this has been done before, but the result, in fiberglass, left a lot
to be desired aesthetically, IMHO.  The bodywork of an original Aero is
pretty basic and shouldn't be hard to duplicate in aluminum.  Anyway, not to
belabor things, has any attempt been made to do something like this other
than the one mentioned?  I will probably start something like this anyway
but don"t want to cover ground already explored by others.  Thanks for
listening.

Ron Franklin

Bowdoin, Maine, USA