mini-baja

RE: Design Report

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Design Report
From: "John G." <jjjsix6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:41:44 -0800
It's been a few years but from my experience there isn't a magic bullet for
design reports. The same report would literally get a 90% in one competition
followed by a 60% in the next. There was and probably still is a suggested
outline for the design report located in the rules.  I could go on a rant
about how all the static event scoring is subject to the judge's personal
opinion, how good or bad the last car was, fatigue, dumb luck, phase of the
moon, etc.  but everyone involed really tries their best to be fair and
consistant.