mini-baja

RE: Rack and Pinion steering boxes

To: bradjorgenson@yahoo.com, velascomike@yahoo.com, mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rack and Pinion steering boxes
From: "John G." <jjjsix6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:25:05 -0700
Thanks for sharing guys.

Brad,

I've never notice any problem with deflection of the rack.  It's a pretty
solid 5/8" dia steel rod.  Much stronger than the .5" hollow tie rods I used
last year.  I would suspect any serious problem with deflection would be
somewhere else in your steering system.  Probably your mounting tabs.

Thanks
John