mini-baja

SeatBelt Question Mini Baja

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: SeatBelt Question Mini Baja
From: "Charles-Etienne Visconti" <cevisconti@fusemail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:48:40 -0500 (CDT)
Hi everyone-

Our team has a questions regarding the seat belt & seat. We have a seat
which allows the shoulder straps to go through it, but this would cause
the center distance to be less than 6in (see attachement for picture)
which is mentioned in rule 33.4.2. Is it alright to pass the seat belt
through the seat and have the belts attached to the frame 6-8 in. apart?
Our second question is about the length of the seatbelt. Page 27 says that
the attachment point cannot be 4' lower than the shoulder level behind the
driver. Our seatbelt is way too long for that to happen and we were
wondering if it was ok to modify the the seatbelt or attach the seatbelt
lower. Thanks for your help and time,

Charly Visconti - Miami U.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
baja-ss_black_vinyl_cloth.jpg]