mini-baja

Re: Brake Master Cylinder

To: jperrin3@ford.com, drake@cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder
From: MdMoparian@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:36:45 EST
correct... but don't be scared to experiment...the front port on  the rabbit
M/C normally goes to the rear of the vehicle (drums) and the  rear port goes
to the front and we hooked ours up the same way.

We didn't need a proportioning valve because all tires locked up as  per the
test.  We did have to experiment on the pedal ratio (length) for it  to work
though  (~8:1) which made for a fairly long pedal.  This was  due to the ratio
of the hydraulic advantage of the M/C vs the caliper piston  volume  (not the
best like the $$$$ wilwoods).

Believe me it was effective and  cheap!!!