mini-baja

Re: Brake Master Cylinder

To: millerp <millerp@cadetmail.uscga.edu>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinder
From: Sam Drake <drake@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:44:29 -0700 (MST)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, millerp wrote:

> Teams,
>
> We're having difficulty locating a brake master cylinder with a dual
> reservoir and a single pedal controlling both reservoir's.  Does anyone know
> a supplier we could go through or where to get one???  Thanks.
>
> Paul Miller
> US Coast Guard Academy

You need two master cylinders side by side with separate reservoirs.
You should use a balance bar between the master cylinders so that you
can adjust the relative braking front to rear.   We have used the Wilwood
setup which is available as a complete package with master cylinder, pedal
and balance bar and we have also built our own setup with separate master
cylinders.   One lost cost way is to use a pair of clutch master cylinders
from a smaller car.

Sam Drake
Univ of Utah