mini-baja

Re: Energy Storage

To: susantoa@pdx.edu, Mini Baja Mail List <mini-baja@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Energy Storage
From: Christopher Chow <chow@eng.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:18:27 -0500
USF pushed hard for hybrid rule changes, we informed the organizers
ahead of time and we *would* have been within the bounds of the 2004
rule book. Give up easily? Perhaps its difficult to convey effort
through email lists, but we weren't picketing outside of the Steve's
house nor were we dead fish. Effort was put into email discourse and
casual talks at the tracks last year to get hybrids specifically
allowed, this is the outcome.

I wasn't hyperbolizing when I said that the Mini-Baja rules committee
banned hybrid electric drive! In in the 2005 rules. Page 20. Its vague,
since its just a sentence floating under section 21.4.19 but hey the
sentence of the day is, "Hybrid electric power systems are specifically
prohibited."

the disclaimer wasn't for you.

Christopher Chow
@University of South Florida