mini-baja

Material testing

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Material testing
From: "Paterson S" <paters6@uwindsor.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:36:32 -0500
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is
required to physically do material testing on the steel
tubing that we are using for our chassis, ie. tensile,
bending and buckling tests or if we can just do an FEA
analysis on it?  I am just curious about whether or not we
had to have actual proof of doing physical tests to our
material to show the judges at the competition because I
can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules stating that we
have to and for some reason past team's have done it.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just didn't know who
else to ask.
Thanks

Sarah Paterson
Team Manager