mini-baja

Re: Engine/Clutching issue

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine/Clutching issue
From: staleyt@pdx.edu
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:28:23 -0700
Andy,

  I would say that yes the governor is interfering with your maximum rpm, but
there is nothing you can do about that.  The governor is not really what I
would call a governor, I would instead use the terminology, throttle stop,
because that is essentially what it is. I would forget the governor, as long as
the engine is at 3600, and focus on other solutions.  My only thought is to
modify the fixed gearing to make the clutch happy.  It may be a good idea to
strap a tachometer to the car to see exactly what the engine is doing while
accelerating. As vague and useless as this answer is, I hope it helps.  See you
in Troy.

Best of Luck,
Thomas Staley