mini-baja

Engine/Clutching issue

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine/Clutching issue
From: "Andy Zuccato" <zuccat1@uwindsor.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:52:29 -0400
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with clutch tuning and was wondering if
anyone else has run into this problem:

I have the engine governor set to 3600 RPM and the
accelerator pedal is capable of opening the throttle
completely (obviously the first two things I checked)...
BUT my clutch shift speed is in the 3200 RPM range,
regardless of the spring/flyweight combination (Polaris, in
case you were wondering).  This leads me to believe that
the governor is somehow interfering when the engine is
under load and preventing it from reaching higher RPMs.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  See you
in Troy!

Andy Zuccato
University of Windsor