mini-baja

Re: Anyone tested yet?

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone tested yet?
From: scott <srehorst@mail.uccs.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:23:21 -0800
We have a great team this year and finished our car a couple of weeks
ago.  We have been testing for about 3 weeks.  Our biggest problem is that
our 5 speed tranny puts out so much torque that we are twisting axles and
breaking teeth on gears!  Good luck to you all and hopefully we will see
some of you at BYU this year!

PS about the cv joint prob we are using ntn cvs out of geo metros and they
are easy to take apart.  Vise in the axle and hit the case with a sledge
and they popped open.  They are also very cheap at the junkyard $5
each!  The swift also uses the same cv.

Scott Rehorst
Univ of Colorado at Colorado Springs
SAE MiniBaja team