mini-baja

Re: Powder Coating

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder Coating
From: Ian Dixon <minibajasjsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:24:21 -0800 (PST)
Take a look at the chassis specification sheet on page 73 of the rule book,
line 4.  There's a
place for weld certification.  I don't expect the judges to inspect the welds,
although if they
are obviously bad then they may say something.  I don't think powder coating
would be a problem as
far as breaking the rules.  Personally I think that powder coating a race car
is a bad idea.  It
makes it more difficult to see cracks that form and also makes it difficult to
fix them or add on
brackets etc.

Ian - SJSU