Re: Auto Meter Oil Pressure Gauge

To: mg.kirkman@verizon.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto Meter Oil Pressure Gauge
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:01:41 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/27/2005 8:09:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mg.kirkman@verizon.net writes:

I am  finalizing my replacement of my gauges.  The oil gauge has a  connection
from the sender, a black ground, a lamp, and a wire to the  ignition switch.
I don't have any extra light green/green wires to the  ignition switch.  I
removed the wires from the voltage stabilizer and  planned on connecting them
to each other, thus bypassing the voltage  stabilizer.  What color is the
wire to the ignition switch (light  green/green or plain green)?  There are
double green wires to the  speedo and the alternator.  Can I split them?
What wire can I connect  to the ignition switch connection on my oil  pressure
gauge?

Dave,

Connect the "ignition" lead for the gauge to any convenient green wire, or
to the light green/green wire (after bypassing the voltage stabilizer), which
ever is most convenient.

Have you downloaded the color wiring diagrams yet?  Go to
_http://www.advanceautowire.com_ (http://www.advanceautowire.com)  and  click
on the "stock
schematics" button. These will help you figure out the  wiring.

Dan