Re: Oil pressure problems

To: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>, "'Keith Grider'" <k.grider@earthlink.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure problems
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:39:01 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I hate to disagree with Jim, but I have never had a problem priming the pump
by spinning the pump shaft with a drill.  I took a 12 inch ling 1/2 OD shaft
ground a tab into the end and brazed a collar around it similar to the end
of the distributor.  Spin the drill fwd and you will feel when the pressure
comes up because it will slow the drill drastically, it only takes me about
10 - 20 seconds at 800 RPM.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8