Re: Dzus retainers

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>, MGB-V8 <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dzus retainers
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 09:28:52 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,

To those not accustomed to lateral thinking I will point out that the
phrase "three dollar bills" is, of course, an abbreviation of "three one
dollar bills".  To the lateral thinker this is obvious because if it had
meant a single three dollar bill it would not have the 's' on 'bill'.   So
"three dollar bills" means three one dollar bills, while "three dollar
bill" would mean a single dollar bill with a denomination of three.  Now
get back to your car mate!

At 07:07 PM 6/7/2003 -0400, James J. wrote:
>Hmm, I've seen one, two and five dollar bills, but never a three-dollar
>bill.  That must be where the expression comes from:
>"Queer as a three dollar bill"
>:-)
>JJJ
>
>Barrie Robinson wrote:
>
> >  So send your ill gotten gains in the form of
> >three dollar bills wrapped in paper and mailed to me as below

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net