SD1 oil pump base

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: SD1 oil pump base
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:30:55 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Team,

I need some help with my SD1 oil pump.  Dropped the engine into my MGB
recently with the (hopeful) intention of being able to use the original
Rover oil pump.  The angle of filter attachment looked pretty good until the
engine settled in and I realized the attachment doesn't look like I'd be
able to spin on a filter (too close to steering rack).

Has anyone had success with the SD1 pump in a "B"?  I know about the remote
kits and the "swivel" pump base available from D&D but was hoping to be able
to save costs.

If I go the route of the swivel base, does anyone know the current price?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Simon Austin