RE: Throw out bearing leaking.

To: "'Larry Hoy'" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Throw out bearing leaking.
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:32:38 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I want to thank everyone for the responses to my message.  What?  You
didn't see the responses?  I think most of them were posted to both me
and the V8 list.  But, all those posted to the list left the trailer on
the original message, you know, the one that says "Edit your replies!
If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent."

Just a reminder, so that everyone can enjoy the knowledge of the
replies, if you snip the trailer they'll hit the list too.

So what's the deal on the TOB?  Yes, it's leaking; it's probably the
o-rings.  It might be able to be removed by sliding the tranny back far
enough to separate the engine and the tranny.  I do have the Buick bell
housing so there is a HUGE opening on the bottom to access the bearing.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving.

Larry Hoy