Re: need help/suspension problem

To: "Julie Ann Phillips" <jphillips@cvalley.net>, "v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: need help/suspension problem
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:28:27 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
If the top edge of standard tyres was inside the front arch then the front
ride-height was *very* low and almost bottoming-out whether you liked it or
not.  The front gap is typically around 2-3" on a chrome bumper car, 3-4" on
a rubber bumper.  Did he replace broken front springs at the same time?  The
rears don't need replacing just to bring it up to the same as the front,
only if they need replacing anyway.  No-one knows what the ride-height was
originally, or should be, and it varied over the years anyway.  There is
something of a straw-poll on the web-site below which might be useful for
comparison purposes, click 'Spanners' and 'Ride Height'.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk