Re: Brakes & RV8 Headers

To: g_wakefield@yahoo.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes & RV8 Headers
From: "J MILLER" <road1978@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:17:55 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have RV8 headers and don't have a break problem.  I moved the passenger
side break line to eliminate interference with the starter.  Didn't need to
move the drivers' side.  I am using stainless break hoses.  Installed the
hoses 5 years ago (pre V8) because the rubber hosed were 20 years old.  Did
notice that the stainless lines did firm the break up a bit.

When I moved the passenger side break line all I did was flip the clip that
holds the break line to the frame.  The line was carefully bent away and the
original hole was reused to hold the clip. Again this was done to prevent
the starter from hitting the break line.  I may have gotten an additional
benefit.

Jim miller
78 MGB, Buick 215