Re: Lower radiator hose

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Lower radiator hose
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:52:32 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Like you, I have always been very suspious of flexible radiator hose.  I've
never
put one on myself.  However, I've also never seen one fail.

Two cars I've purchased in the last year have had them. One was a 1965 Polara
convertible with a clogged radiator.  It would overheat and boil over in
anything
more than 5 minutes of idling.  The upper hose was the flexible type and looked
to be a decade old.  It never leaked or even swelled.

My current case of overheating is my newly-purchased Europa (a neat little car
in
serious need of more engine). Both upper and lower hoses are flexible (and
fairly
new).  The car has boiled over a few times with me (I'm fighting air in the
system and wiring problems) and the hoses still look great.

I know it's not scientific, but at least it's a couple more data points!

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL