Re: Heater valve

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Heater valve
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:52:02 -0400
Cc: MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry-

I did this years ago on my Gray roadster. Go to NAPA & get their book of heater
control valves. You are looking for '60/70's Chrysler products. They used an
in-line
valve with cable control that will use your existing MGB heater control. There
are
also some Japanese cars of the same era that had similar valves. You can thread
the
inside of the Buick manifold fitting (NPT pipe thread) & install a hose fitting
for
1/2" hose, or get a plastic reducer from NAPA to go from 3/4 to !/2" at the MG
heater end. Hose size is dependent upon the heater valve you buy. Valve was
about
$17.00 as I remember.

Jim Stuart