Re: Brakes / Steering Wheel / Front Timing Cover

To: "Glenn" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes / Steering Wheel / Front Timing Cover
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:16:40 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Yup, I got one about a month ago.  I did have to make a few modifications to
the cover to make it fit.  I had to take about 1/4" off the distributor hold
down, as it hit the valley pan gasket metla clamps, and the alignment pin
holes had to be drilled out a bit bigger.  Not much of a problem, about 1-2
hours work.

Mike

3.  I know there has been discussion on the use of the
JC Whitney front timing cover on the Buick 215.  Has
anyone actually used one?  I need to pull the timing
cover to replace the seals and thought that the JC
Whitney one had the updated (non-rope) seals.

Thanks for the help,

Glenn

http://mail.yahoo.com/