Re: dual exhaust

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: dual exhaust
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:38:23 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 10:50 PM 7/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Already have the wiring inside, did that on my blue GT 5 years ago. Agree
with
>mirror image & moving pipes, but  it will be close to the pipes at some
point.
>Any type of thermal sleeve you have had experience with?
>
>Jim

Your local Aeroquip distributor will have a product known as Firesleeve.
This is a Nomex or fiberglass cloth silicone rubber composite hose sleeve
that is used around hoses such as the power steering and sump pump lines on
a racecar.  It works and it is reasonably priced.  I broke a header once
and this stuff saved an engine by protecting the hose from the dry sump.

Keep your plumbing 6 inches away from the stacks and you should be ok, I'd
be surprised to see 200 degrees back by the mufflers.

Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
207-884-8523
'67 MGB V-8