Re: Fuel pump

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:28:54 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have one of the Hall-effect pumps on my factory car (it came to me with
it) and would avoid them in future.  It had a short spell of erratic and
weak pumping that I could not get to the bottom of which went away as
suddenly as it came.  The problem with these is that if the electronics pack
up you are stuffed- not amount of hitting it will get it working again
although it might make you feel better.  I would go with a pukka SU unit
with points in future.

PaulH.