INTERIOR COOLING TIPS

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: INTERIOR COOLING TIPS
From: jimg2@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:26:35 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Check your Racer Wholesale catalog- they have a kevlar/aluminum material
that I used over the transmission & it works well. Thin- .040 or so.
Like a heavy cloth. Racer Wholesale has the best price on the stuff.
Pegasas has it for twice the price if you need to spend money.

The plastic bubble/aluminum stuff works well also. It is a bit thick
(about 3/16) but works well on the inside of the firewall. I bought mine
locally but good old JC Whitney even carries it. 30-40 bucks for a roll
that will do a couple of MGB's.
Use the aluminium furnace tape to taylor 'em both.

NASA- NASCAR paint- super insulating- also from Racer Wholesale I
believe. A lot cheaper than 3 grand a gallon. Supposed to have super
insulating qualities.

JetHot your exhaust manifolds and get their thermal barrier inside
coating at the same time. You can almost touch the headers without
getting burned. Goes a long way towards reducing under-bonnett heat.

The insulating wrap works well also but is hard on headers..