Re: overheating

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: overheating
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@au.oracle.com>
Date: 22 Jul 99 11:19:50 +1000
Cc: SGOGGIN@au.oracle.com
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
--=_ORCL_19138325_0r0

Interesting,

I would of thought that making the water flow through the radiator three
time will actually reduce its heat transfer capability.   REASON:   The
amount of energy transfered is proportional to the the temperature
difference.  Therefore as the difference increases the amount of energy
transfer also increases.   This can be observed by plotting the temperature
of a jar of hot water as it cools.  Initially it will cool quickly and then
as the temp difference decrease it cools slower and slower.

By cooling the water three times the amount of energy transfer on the second
pass will be less than the initial pass, and the third pass will be even
less.

Therefore a radiator of a given surface area will transfer more energy in a
single pass situation that a three pass flow pattern.

The best way of increasing the cooling effect would be to increase the
surface area by adding more cores,  or increase the airflow over the
radiator.

Regards
Stuart

--=_ORCL_19138325_0r0