Re: MG V8 newsletter and convention web sites

To: rickhuber@home.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG V8 newsletter and convention web sites
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:23:50 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
rickhuber@home.com writes:

>  Does anybody have or know where I can find the GM alternator mount and
>  can you tell me which alternator to buy ?

Rick,

I can't help with the mounts, but I can tell you which alternator to get. Ask
for a GM model 7127. It may be cross referenced to the particular store's
listing, but it will get you there. They are the Delcotron SI, used in most
GM cars from the late 70s to the early 80s.

Find a freindly auto store and tell them what you are doing. They can help
you find the rignt model, with the correct pulley, as they do this sort of
thing all the time for the hot rod crowd.

If you don't like the location of the wire terminals, pull the screws out
that hold the case halves together, seperate the halves slightly, and rotate
to where you want them (pick one of four possible positions).

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74