Re: MG V8 newsletter and convention web sites

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG V8 newsletter and convention web sites
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:22:34 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi V8 ers,

Been chasing electrical problems for the last few weeks.  Something was
draining the battery when it was off, fixed that but the battery wasn't
working right.  Tested OK once then 9 days later tested bad.  Put in a
new battery and then a couple of days later the ignition light started
coming on about 5 minutes after starting - alternator getting hot.
Tested the alternator and now it tests bad.

It's a Rover - Lucus alternator I got from Glen to fit on his cast
aluminum mounting bracket on the passenger side of the engine.  I really
wanted to go with the GM alternator set up, but for some reason he
wouldn't sell me the mount, so I went with the Rover set up.  So now
that I've got a bad alternator and Glen's phone doesn't answer, I've got
a couple of questions.

Does anybody have or know where I can find the GM alternator mount and
can you tell me which alternator to buy ?

Much less desirable alternative - does anybody have or know where I can
find a replacement Rover alternator ?

It's quite frustrating to have spent so much time on this conversion and
now to keep having these seemingly unrelated electrical problems.

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,

Rick