General question about Hyd Lifters

Subject: General question about Hyd Lifters
From: mhartwig@cbu.edu
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 20:51:56 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Starting to put parts back on the engine to make sure all the buick
parts fit.  One thing I noticed was the Hyd lifters.  When I put them in
and put the pushrod and rocker arms in place, the lifter was pushed down
about an 1/8"    The lifter was off the cam lobe.  Is this normal?  I've
never worked on anything w/ hyd lifters, so I don't know what they
should be.  I thought there was supposed to be a small gap between them
when everything was in place.  Or do i need to shim up the rocker
pedestals?

Thanks
Mike

--
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the