RE: New list member and a test...

To: DAN_GRAVES@hp-roseville-om3.om.hp.com, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: New list member and a test...
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:14:54 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Welcome Dan, glad to see you here.  This list is made up of owners of running
cars, owners of almost running cars, wantabes, and anyone else that wants to
hang around.  They come from all over the world.  There is no listing of the
participants on this list.  The list sysop has decided that he doesn't want
people "harvesting" email addresses.  I suspect there is between 50-100 members.

All this brings me to my next item.  I just stumbled into a V8 "registry" on the
net.  Skye Poier, a young man who lives in Canada has developed an online
registry.  It is a database of MGs with search capabilities.  He and I
corresponded yesterday and he added the ability to search by "V8".  Now you are
able to register your car and search the rest of the V8s that are registered.
Paul Kile is on this list and has registered his car.  Of course this is only
available by "internet motorheads", so it is unlikely that it will ever be
complete.

Any one wanting to visit this site should point your browser to:
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/

Larry Hoy
Denver CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (soon to be a V8)
1970 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"