Re: Lowering Rubber Bumper Car

To: Rick Huber <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Lowering Rubber Bumper Car
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 21:57:00 -0400
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Rick-

Additional point to consider- your 195 tires clear just fine now, they
may not clear the fender lip when the car is lowered. This has been a
problem for several of my friends putting Pannasports & 196/70/14 tires
on a chrome bumper(CB) car. Only rubs when you corner too fast ( I think
if you are not sliding, you are not cornering too fast). If you lower to
CB height, you may have the same problem.

Before anyone gets their shorts twisted, not all cars will have a tire
rub problem. Depends on the car, brand of tire, condition of the
springs, brnad of wheel, tire pressure, phase of the moon when tires
were installed, etc.

Jim