Tach mods

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tach mods
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 23:19:53 PDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Anyone have the low down on exactly what needs to be done
to a 4 cylinder Smiths electronic tach to read correctly
for 8 cylinder installations?  If it's something rather
simple, such as moving a wire, adding a jumper, etc, I'd
rather not send it to someone and pay for a bit of soldering.

If it's a bit more complex than that, what kind of price can
I expect to have mine modified?

Is it just me, or is this list rather quiet right now?

And, I asked it once before:  any suggestions for a good
V-8 shop manual?  Something that covers all the torque
specs and (dis)assembly procedures?  I'm to the point
where I need to take my rocker shafts apart for cleaning.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/