Carb Question

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Question
From: "Scott Allen" <sallen6363@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:56:49 -0500
Hi,

I took my carbs apart today to check some things out, namely the back two
cylinders still running rich with the adjustment nut all the way in...

Anyway, noticed with the air cleaner off that the piston in the suction
chamber wasn't all the way down so I'm like, "oh, the needle must not be
centered."  Checked it out, and nope, it's fine.  Dead on.

Soooo..  Put it back together and noticed that when I tightened the screws
down on the suction chamber so the gap was gone the piston was real stiff,
and lifting it with a screwdriver it wouldn't go all the way down.

Backed off the screws a smidge and "thump" down it goes, but now I've got a
bit of a gap.

As such, since I didn't over-tighten the screws in the first place, and the
jet is as centered as my high-speed Moss jet centering tool can get it
anyone experienced this before that can give me an idea of how to deal with
it?

Thanks,

Scott

-52 TD