Re: Hypothetical question about driving a TC

To: ddubois@sinclair.net, JagMkV@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hypothetical question about driving a TC
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 06:00:13 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/00 3:28:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ddubois@sinclair.net writes:

<<  The cars (all of them) were made to be driven
 (even hard, in competition), so why not drive them.

I had a similar reaction to Dave, and then recalled all the trials pictures
in the various books and video clips from Sppedvision of MG T's whipping
around un-paved roads.

However, I'll stick with the original reaction (...trust your first
instinct?).  The reason being, what you don't see in the books and video
clips is the car being completely stripped down after one of these events.  I
imagine that the suspension (shocks, springs, bushes, etc.) were replaced on
a fairly regular basis.  I imagine that spokes on the 19" wires popped on a
daily basis.

While these are hearty cars, 50-60 years later I don't imagine they would
take the same kind of beating.  Logging road vibrations, bumps and shutters
would wreak havoc on the instruments as well.

IMHO, a twisty two lane backcountry B-road is the place to cruise.